Friday, January 7, 2011

Lizardmen vs. Vampires

Lizardmen
Maya-skink priest level 2 with cupped hands
Olmec- Saurus Scar Veteran with Warrior Bane, glittering scales, luckstone, and a shield
20 saurus warriors with full command
20 saurus warriors with spears and full command
10 skink skirmishers
salamander
salamander

Vampires
Vampire Lord
Corpse Cart
6 ghosts
25 skeleton warriors
4 blood knights

Scenario Watchtower

So this was the first game of a campaign at my local GW. We each had a 1000pts. Luckily I started in the watchtower because otherwise he could have started in the watchtower with his ethereal unit and I would have been hardpressed to destroy them. I rolled the worst spells in the heavens lore for my skink priest. The first spell which allows rerolls of ones in combat and then the wind blast spell. (Wind blast cannot blow guys off the table and cannot blow guys out of the watchtower. I always get wind blast and barely anyone has fliers or shooting units that I regularly play against.)
So he gets first turn and assaults the watchtower with his ghost swarms. Luckily I had a magic sword because that's the only damage I'm able to deal against them. He moves up quickly with his blood knights and casts some deadly spell where my guys die on a roll of a six, five died.
My plan at this point was to delay his blood knights by feeding him salamanders and keep my bsb and saurus warriors alive in the tower. Furthermore, I was going to cast like crazy with my lame spells in order to get a miscast, hand it off to the vampire and hopefully kill him. That's actually my only way of doing damage to such a character.
So on my turn I moved up with the skinks and fire. I had placed the swamp right next to the tower to take full advantage of my aquatic skink skirmishers. My priest windblasted the bloodknights back 3 inches. One salamander eats 2 handlers and one salamander blasts the bloodknights. He actually fails his look out sir! but no one is touched by the s3 hit on a toughness 5 vamp. And I forget to dispel his nasty spell on my saurus warriors and they continue to disappear. The skinks poison several skellies.

He fails his charge with the skeletons. His bloodknights decimate the salamander but thankfully he doesn't overrun into my priest. Instead he continues that nasty vampire spell on my saurus warriors and my skink priest. He miscasts here but isn't touched by the strength 4 hit.


As you can see, the Saurus warriors are now totally depleted by his nasty spell. I move away from the outer tower with my skink priest. I did manage to dispel it on my priest. The final salamander now eats all of his crew and becomes stupid.

His bloodknights move over to threaten my depleted saurus block. He heals some of his ethereals before they kill some more of my saurus in the tower with a first strike spell from the corpse cart.




No comments:

Post a Comment